Tuesday, September 18, 2012

THANK YOU from the 264 Women and Girls who Flew!


Many of the 264 women and girls who flew wrote in the Airport guest book or Burt Barkman's hangar guest book. All pilots were thanked; however, many passengers didn't catch their pilot's name in the excitement of the adventure so only a few of the pilots are noted by name below. 

The following comments received by email or written in the Lyncrest Airport guest book are passed on to the 40 Volunteers that contributed their time, energy and money to make this event a success. It was a most memorable day! Passengers` enthusiasm, ear-to-ear smiles, and wild appreciation made this a most rewarding day for the Volunteers as well! Thank you!!! J Lyncrest Airport is a most friendly airport all year round as demonstrated on September 15th!!


  • Thank you so very much for making our Fly Day FANTASTIC!! Josephine has been grinning from ear to ear ever since her biplane ride. Thank you for encouraging her to go on her own with you! She is very proud of herself. Of course my little one Valerie is still chattering non stop about her experience too. So special!!

    Please convey a HUGE thank you to all that were involved in making this event such a great success! We are already looking forward to next year...I have MANY friends who are very interested in this small plane flying stuff! Will see who wants to come along for next year.HAHA! If there is anything I can do as a volunteer please let me know. Regards, Dominique 

  • Many thanks to you - all of the pilots & ground crew. It was an exciting experience to fly in a small plane. Also a big thank you to my pilot Curt he was awesome.My husband & I really appreciated the opportunity to witness seeing the L10A arriving. Charlene & Jim
  • Thank you so much for a great afternoon on Saturday, Jill, Colette and Bert.  My friend Karen Soiferman and I really enjoyed our flight with pilot Gerry (no white knuckles at all); neither of us had been in a small plane before.  I work surrounded by planes and pilots and tech crews and now can understand a bit the allure of light aircraft flight!  Thank you for giving me that opportunity.Cheers, Pam
  • Laina had a great time and really enjoyed herself. My thanks to you, the club and the pilot!  Michael.

  • Jill, Colette & Bert, Words cannot seem to express our deepest gratitude for the amazing gift of flight experience that you and your friendly, generous and wonderful volunteers and  pilots provided to not only our group, but the 200 plus others throughout the day. Each pilot and volunteer's generosity is overwhelming to myself and our girls; to which we would like to thank you formally if your schedule permits, this coming Monday, Sept 17th at our guide meeting, where all the parents who participated in the day, will also be present. Yours ever gratefully, Tonya


  • Thank you for all of the updates before flying. I had a wonderful experience despite a feeling of being airborne while being up in the sky.  My Mother really enjoyed her flight as well and I was able to take some interesting photos. Pilot Ron was a superb pilot. Please send me a mailing address where I may make a donation to the Lyncrest Airport. Thank you again for the wonderful experience of flying. Cheers! Teresa
  • Nothing short of wow incredible generous and shear enjoyment. That sums up my experience on Saturday. Not sure what I was expecting but the smell of hot dogs as we showed up to brownies while we were waiting and a wonderful tour around the hangers was extremely enjoyable.  A special thank you to Jerry our pilot that made us feel at ease and made our flight completely enjoyable. It was a W O W. Thanks again to all the people that made the event possible. It's clear that your organization has a passion for flying and lots of heart and hospitality. I sure felt welcomed and learned alot that day. Not to mention break a world record. Thanks again. Sincerely Romalda 
  • Please pass on my gratitude to Bruce of a 4 seater.  Also the men who continued to cut freezies for the kids and for the lady who organized the riders.  She had a hard job because we were all asking when we were going to be going . . . We are truly grateful!!! Pam
  • We had a wonderful time!!  We would love to reserve for 8:30 am next year as well, if that could be managed.  We had such a great time.  We were all able to go up in the same plane, thanks to David, who figured out that my son was only 2 and the weight would work.  It was such a relief.  Thank-you also for giving me the go-ahead.  We had a great flight in 2011 and I was hoping to have a repeat this year.  Beyond expectations!  My mother-in-law cannot stop talking about the great trip we had.  We would like to thank Courtney, our pilot, who did an awesome job flying in the windy weather, and also for the swoops-- they made the whole trip that much better!  She was also very informative and knows her stuff, as well as very personable.  I cannot say enough good things about her!!!  A few other people need mentioning too.  Jacqueline, Helene and Collette were very helpful at the registration table and even made a name-tag for my daughter's bunny, so her ride would be noted as well. Jacqueline also helped with the certificates and did a great job there.  It seemed she was filling many shoes that day and was very friendly throughout it all. Burt gave us a great tour of some of the hangers and was a great host, answering many questions and providing some much needed sweets to the children as he took us to his hanger for a tour as well--- Wow!  what a collection!  He was a fabulous host and helped round out the whole event. Thank-you also to yourself Jill.  You were a dear person to overlook my son's gender, and continue to keep in touch even though I'm sure you had a million other things to do and more emails to answer.  I appreciate your continued correspondence and attention to detail. In short, we loved it, and truly appreciated the opportunity you gave us.  I will be talking about the event and encouraging others to check it out too.  Thanks again! Cari:)
  • Sept 16, 2012. FANTASTIC!! I know you were a big reason why we made the goal, pushing yourself to keep flying until everyone was done. Thank you for making the World Record attainment possible. Collette managed the never-ending line of eager passengers with poise, patience and a lot of coordination. And Burt's tour was a highlight for our group that made the day even more memorable and educational. The Marshallers were all very courteous and accommodating to the many photo-op requests, while still managing their jobs professionally. As for our group, we were 12 young ladies aged 7-18 and their 5 moms, all from the Birds Hill Park, Tyndall, Beausejour and Seddons Corner areas. 2 dads, 1 uncle and one 4-year old nephew also came out to share in the excitement and memories of the day. We brought along paper airplane crafts for the kids to make, to test out their flying skills and we did a cute pipecleaner plane craft as well. Thanks again and great job to all the pilots for this very special achievement. Warmest regards, Tonya 
  • Yesterday's flight was excellent!  We saw different landmarks from the air than last year, and I took 183 photos!  A new group of 5 women/girls accompanied me and 2 had never flown ever before - a 5 year old girl and her Grandmother.  What an experience for them! Thank you  Bruce! Susan
  • Yesterday was an absolutely wonderful experience and I would like to thank you and all the volunteers.  I am so happy you were able to break the world record. Most sincerely, Elizabeth
  • I had an awesome experience in the 2- seater with you as my pilot.  It was such an exhilarating experience.  Will definitely recommend to my girlfriends for next year.Thanks to all the volunteers for their dedication and hard work that day.  Everything was well organized and everyone was so friendly and helpful.Hope to see you next year!Shahina
  • This is fantastic Jill, Collette and Bert.  I wasn't able to stay very long yesterday but I really enjoyed this opportunity to experience a flight.  Would be great to learn to fly but I am so sure I wouldn't be very good at it :).   Please pass on my thanks to our pilot Mark... he was brilliant.  My daughter, Harriet, was very very nervous and he put her at her ease and she thoroughly enjoyed it too. Mark mentioned that it is possible to take up a free seat when he and friends fly during the week he said you sometimes go to Beausejour for coffee and other places I guess.  I was wondering what it would cost to do something like this.  My husband and some other family and freinds would so love to share an experience like this and what an opportunity to be able to join the pilots…. Once again, thanks so much for a fantastic experience. Hope to see you again soon. Suzanne  
  • Congratulations to all who contributed to setting the record. A second record was set when I took 443 pictures from the east side of Rnwy 17 of aircraft landing and taking off in the morning. Editing is going to be a challenge…Cheers, Malcolm 
  • Thank-you Jill Collette and Bert and everyone else for a wonderful day and flight. We had a blast.  Here are some pictures I thought you'd enjoy… Please pass on to Courtney that we had so much fun and Holly really appreciated that she let her fly the plane. Cheri  & family 
  • Thank you so much Jill, Collette and Bert, the experience changed my perception of flying in such a small aircraft...fascinating to me actually how my pilot Tom landed in such windy conditions. He was so informative and wonderful!...I would like to thank my pilot and contribute in any way possible! Thanks again....I'm going to Lyncrest next week to buy one of the new shirts ordered. So happy for such a great day and to be part of a world record!!!! Erin
  • Was a great day. Those statistics are incredible. Thank the pilots very much! Julie.
  • Naomi and I had a wonderful flight.  We flew with Mark who was kind, courteous, informative and fun.  We hope you have the time, energy and resources to organize this extraordinary event next year.  We would definitely do it again and would recommend it to others.We extend our appreciation and sincere thanks to you, Collette and Bert and the energetic volunteers.Cheers, Irene
  • Just wanted to say how much my daughter and her friend enjoyed their flight yesterday.  Please pass on our thanks to the pilots and everybody who was involved in the Women Airborne event! Jane
  • Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience. It truly was a beautiful day. Thanks again. Janit
  • Thank you so much for the wonderful opportunity and experience. I have never been in a small plane in my life (I am 55yr old) I absolutely loved it. I enjoy flying generally however I have always been hesitant to go up in a small plane. Not sure why I ever had that idea and why I waited this long to try. Oh my God what a view. The Pilot that I went up with Tom Stoyka. He was very patient, professional and detailed in explaining.  The adventure for me was made by having someone so good take up a real "greenhorn" like me. Thank you again and big thanks to Tom. Great day. Angie
  • Thank you for the awesome day and the nice organization! It was a really great flying day :-) I hope, we were success in the new record, too. Best wishes.Xenia 
  • Jill, Collette and Bert, Thank you so very much to you and all the pilots for your generous offer today. It was an amazing experience. Sincerely, Cheron
  • Another great experience!  My friends Joanne, Wendy and I really liked being the first ones up!  Left lots of time to get many other things do that day....including going to a wedding! So, please put Joanne and me on the list for next year.  Thanks! Elaine

Comments From the Guest Book, Burt Barkman`s hangar guest book also contains about 100 more notes of thanks for his most awesome hangar tours!!:
  • Thanks for Women AirBorne! Lorraine
  • Awesome opportunity! Danielle
  • So exciting!! J amazing experience – Thanks Jerry! Simran
  • Up Up and Away J Sandy
  • Yahooooo!!! Aldina
  • EEEEh, so scary! J Harriet
  • Thanks everyone for the experience. Diane and Mariette
  • Yeaaah – Into the wind!! Susan
  • Nice job! Wendy
  • Fantastic! Elaine
  • Awesome!! Joanne
  • Soooo Coool J Brenda
  • Great time- thank you so much. Cari, Cailin, Allin, Mary
  • This is great! Thank you!! Margaret
  • Always wanted to fly! Julie
  • Fantastic!!! :) Beryl
  • This was Awesome, Thanks! Kateri
  • Awesome!!! Thanks! Josie
  • Best Day Ever!! Dominique
  • Thank you so very muchJ Valerie
  • 4 thumbs up J Christel
  • J Janice
  • I’ve never been in a plane I haven’t jumped out of!! Jennifer  
  • Thank you!! J Josette, Maria, Amalia
  • Great idea! Irene
  • Awesome! Thank you!! Becky & Grace
  • Fabulous! Christine
  • Thankyou so much! Brianna
  • Wonderful! Wonderful, wonderful. Gayle
  • Great flight with Courtney! Madelaine
  • Thank you so much. It was real fun J Jasmin, Cheyenne & Maya
  • Thank you! Beate
  • Many Many Thanks Gerry! That was Fabulous! J Michelle
  • Thank you Gerry! J Shelley
  • Awesome experience! Jill was great. Shahina
  • J Jessica
  • Great day. Dianne
  • What a great flight! Lillie
  • First flight ever was great!! Pam
  • Thanks George!! Colleen
  • Awesome! Gloria
  • Great ride! Diane
  • Thanks for a great flight! Barb
  • What a grand experience. Thank you! Romalda
  • Unbelievable experience, Thank you! G.L.M.
  • So amazingly awesomeJ Gina
  • Wonderful experience. June
  • Thank you so much! Awesome. Boada
  • Thank you Gerry! Awesome Flight. Donna
  • Thank you it was amazing. Angel
  • Thank you! Tahlyia
  • Awesome! Thanks Cindy! Kara
  • Awesome! Thanks Cindy! Jackie
  • Great thrill!! Thanks! Donna
  • Great flight! Marlene
  • I saw my house! Olivia
  • I saw my house and had an awesome ride! Lina
  • It was my first time on a plane. Camryn
  • That was awesome! Nicole
  • That was really the most amazing experience. Emma
  • Thank you for the opportunity it was fantastic. Sandra
  • That was amazing. Markelle
  • Thanks for a great flight George! Cheryl
  • To Tom – I can’t thank you enuf…best pilot! Very informative!
  • Awesome ride! Well orchestrated!
  • Great flight! Thanks so much. Michelene
  • Jill that was amazing!! Thank you soooo much. Tonya
  • Thank you! It was fun. Janit, Jayden, Markelle, & Tara
  • Thanks!! Shannon
  • A lot of fun! Angela
  • An absolute adventure! Loved every last minute of it! 
  • Thank you for organizing such a great day. You'll have given our girls some great memories. Jan
  • That was amazing! I want to fly a plane one day!! Tia
  • It was great! Samantha
  • Amazing experience! I have definitely been inspired to get my pilots licence! I’ll definitely be back next year! Sara
  • Thank you for taking me on my very first flight! Bruce thanks for the gum! Kayla
  • Great event! We liked it a lot.
  • Had such a wonderful evening! ElenaPeter did the three last ‘sunset’ flights:
  •  Had a great time. Thanx for fitting us in! Charlene
  • THANK YOU PETER!!! That was absolutely amazing! Melanie
  • Thank you to Peter!!!! J J That was so amazing !!!!!!!!!! J J J J J Melanie’s daughter




No comments:

Post a Comment